It Fixed it for me - lxcgtime.dll error

I had a client come to me with a Windows Vista 64 bit laptop that displayed an error on startup.
The error was related to a file lxcgtime.dll. It appears that it is a file related to a Lexmark printer the user had installed but no longer uses.

I read about the possibility of copying the file from another pc and putting it in the same location (C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\64\3\LXCGtime.dll) in case the file was corrupted, however that did not work.

The user just recently purchased an HP printer but I am not sure if the printer software that came with it somehow conflicted with the Lexmark software.

I ended up doing a full un-install of the Lexmark printer software from the Windows Control panel. After a reboot the error no longer appears.

As always this may mot be the only solution but "It Fixed it for me"

For more "It Fixed it for me" articles please click here

Labels: , ,