Malwarebytes Anti-Malware fixed another laptop for me.

I had a new client come to me this past week with a laptop that was infected with many different kinds of malware. It had the usual popups, fake alerts, bad cookies etc...

I first decided to try what is quickly becoming my "go to" application to clean infected pcs. I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.39 (downloaded from filehippo.com). After the install I ran the programs update feature and installed the latest definitions. After running a system scan it found a very large list of items. After reviewing the items I then opted to have the program clean up everything. It ran for a few minutes and then gave me a log of what it did and then alerted me that there were a few items that it could not fix them until after a restart. I restarted the laptop and found that it no longer exibited any of the symptoms that it was brought to me for.

I wanted to make sure it was clean so I then ran the scan again. This time Malwarebytes Anti-Malware did not detect any further infections. To double and triple check the pc I ran Microsoft Windows Defender scan and Spybot Search and Destroy scans. Both did not detect any further malicious items.

If you need to clean your laptop or pc I highly recommend Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Just make sure you download the latest version and perform the programs update feature before running.




Labels: , , ,